We are looking for two part time Assistant Coaches in the Miami Area.
Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing and implementing the I’mPossible Run Club and it’s curriculum at the assigned schools. Position assists with supervising children, conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in strategies and techniques.
- Assists the head coach with instructing students in the I’mPossible empowerment curriculum along with techniques and strategies in the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses student’s skills, monitors students during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining class strategies.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, parents, and school staff.
- Maintains the equipment and supplies in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for itssecurity.
- Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency datacards, and other related records.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Director or other appropriate administrator.
Experience working with young children preferred. Cleared background check essential.
Hours are mostly in the afternoon, Monday through Friday, between 1:50 – 4:00. Occasionally, weekend and evening hours required for special training and events.
Competitive compensation offered with weekly payments.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Assistant Coach will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Head Track Coach, Athletic Director & Principal or appropriate administrator. I’mPossible Run Club reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.